At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
Dash Platform is a technology stack for building decentralized web3 applications on the Dash network with experience compared to the usual web. The two main architectural components, Drive and DAPI, allow developers to register identities and store application state on-chain using HTTP-based API.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with good experience in Rust. This work will include building cross platform modules and libraries in Rust, migrating key components to Rust and helping build out our in house database solution. You will create new Open Source products in an Agile environment alongside engineers and developers in the Dash Platform team. This is an opportunity to work with a very innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with their money.
- Contribute to the design and development of an in house database solution
- Contribute to the open-source development of Dash components and libraries
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile environment to research, define, design, implement, and ship improvements and new features
- Discover and eliminate bugs, race conditions. Increase code test coverage
- Participate in the testing and deployment of new releases
- Contribute to developments and improvements of our continuous integration software
- Create benchmarks for various methods and work to increase performance in critical areas
- Strive to find ways to improve code quality
- Work with our technical writer to explain various functionality you will work on
- Apply creative solutions to eliminate limitations of cryptocurrency and provide improved user experiences
- A bachelor (3-4 years of studies at the university level) in either mathematics, computer science or any relevant field or proof of equivalence through experience or another diploma. Exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates.
- A good command of the English language.
- Master level understanding of data structures.
- Good understanding of basic cryptography.
- 2+ year of experience writing code in Rust.
- 5+ years of experience writing code in a low level or backend language. Recent graduates with no work experience can apply for an entry level position.
- Experience in database engineering.
- Experience with blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency.
- Mathematical background (e.g. good understanding of number theory, probability, linear and abstract algebra).
- Good communication skills.
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the cryptocurrency space.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote and passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Location / compensation
- This is a 100% remote position.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location