At Dash, our Goal is to focus on tackling inefficiencies and legacy issues in the payments space to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future. In order words, we are a crypto meant to be spent and are putting the currency back in the term cryptocurrency.
We are looking for a full-time Wordpress developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our company website, https://www.dash.org, and associated domains and content platforms. We’re looking for someone with a critical eye who could also recommend UI/UX improvements based on users feedback and implement them. We need a developer who can think like a consumer, proactively present recommended improvements like a UI/UX expert and ultimately take on the responsibility associated with “owning” our web properties.
You will be working on a small team within a large team and report directly to the Global Head of Marketing. You will need to wear many hats, work against multiple deadlines and devise creative solutions. You, in turn, will be working on cutting edge technology not accessible to the general public, collaborate with established thought leaders in the blockchain and cryptocurrency community, work with a global workforce and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help shape the future of crypto usage, payments and marketing.
- Designing, building, and maintaining the custom WordPress theme used on the dash.org website
- Writing code that meets industry standards, is properly structured, and compatible with all browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Directing and performing Wordpress and plugin updates.
- Testing appearance and functionality for a range of browsers and device types.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Determining user needs by analyzing data from multiple sources and translate this data into results and technical requirements.
- Recommend UI/UX improvements based on users feedback and your own expertise
- Manage and deliver tasks autonomously, working independently with a focus on collaboration
- Ability to effectively communicate newly proposed designs to technical and non-technical team members
- Work hand in hand with the Head of Marketing and Content Marketing Manager and our infrastructure team to edit, write, update or design website content, and direct other teams who produce content.
- Maintaining matching design of all Dash Social Media channels (Dash forum, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.)
- Make website related decisions based on data obtained from agencies, GA, Hubspot and Hotjar.
- Understanding of UX and UI design principles (strongly desired)
- 3+ years experience in WordPress theme development using Advanced Custom Fields Pro (strongly desired)
- Experience building multilingual WordPress sites, preferably with WPML (strongly desired)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices (strongly desired)
- Experience working with Google Analytics. (strongly desired)
- Ability to work remotely without constant supervision and be self motivated (strongly desired)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills (strongly desired)
- Proficiency in the English language to be able to communicate with the team (strongly desired)
- Experience working with photo editing programs
- Experience with: Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP
- Ability to write clean and organized CSS code with carefully chosen selectors
- Experience working with code repositories using git and GitHub
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player attitude
Nice to have
- Ability to work in time that overlap Central Daylight Time mornings
- Ability to speak a second language
- Understanding of web server administration tools including cron, rsync, ssh, etc.
- An understanding of the principles of and enthusiasm for marketing.
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Location / compensation
- Location can be anywhere - this is a 100% remote position
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location.